|Sock Snowmen from "Ciao Mama"|
What You’ll Need:
- Pair of calf-length socks
- Pair of patterned socks
- Dried rice/beans/lentils to fill
- Rubber bands
- Buttons and/or felt for shirt/eyes/nose
- Cut the foot off of one tube sock and discard. (You will only need the top of the sock.)
- Turn the tube part of the sock inside out and wrap one end tight with a rubber band. Then, turn it right side out again and begin to fill with rice! Push rice down into the sock so it will stretch out and become a chubby little snowman body.
- Once you have filled the sock to the almost-brim, wrap another rubber band around the top to secure. You now have your basic snow body.
- Take the patterned socks. Cut the heel and toe off of one sock, so you just have the middle. This will be the snowman’s shirt. Then take the other sock and cut off the heel. This will be the snowman’s hat. (see photo above)
- Put the "shirt" over the snowman's body, and tie some twine around the top. The hat is tied at the top to give it shape and it can then fall to one side.
- Decorate the face with felt/buttons/pens - it's up to you!